Thursday, September 23, 2010

I’m a home phone kind of a guy...

...with a cell phone for when I’m out. But I really like having a home phone. I don’t have to worry about cell coverage issues or standing next to the wall with the power cord plugged in to talk on the phone because I forgot to charge my cell phone. Sometimes I can’t even find my cell phone!


My wife and I have been using Ooma for a few years now and love it! A few of our friends have tried it our on our suggestion and they love it too. I’m blogging about it because it’s sweet. The call quality is great and you can use any standard telephone with it. You plug the Ooma Telo into your modem or router, plug your phone into the Ooma Telo and you’re off and running. Your PC doesn’t need to be on like some services require.


Check it out at ooma.com


At the time I'm writing this the Ooma Telo is on sale on Bestbuy.com for $50 off.


If you have a high speed internet connection you should get rid of your cable company phone package and save some cash. You buy the device for a one time fee of $249 and you get free US Calling, caller-ID, call-waiting, and voicemail. You can access your voicemail via the Ooma website from any web connected PC. All you pay is the monthly governmental charges. In my area it’s about $3.75 per month. They have a calculator on their site so you can find out how much it would be in your area. There’s other cool features available for $9.99 per month if you want to go with their premier service. We use the free (other than government imposed fees) standard service and it’s perfect for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment